While trying to decide what color patterns to work with I ended up making two batches. First was a blend of Blood Orange, 5x Orange and Patchouli essential oils with some Energy scent (a combo of essential and fragrance oils). The top would be a two shades of green colorants and the bottom a combo of neon yellow, neon tangerine and a brick red pigment to go with the blood orange scent. A cappachino mica was the choice for the pencil line as a divider between the two contrasting color halves.
The second batch was mix of lemon, lemongrass, litsea and cornmint essential oils. The color choices were neon yellow, neon tangerine and yellow oxide for the bottom and two different green pigments. For this one I used a copper mica for the pencil line.
These two soaps were fun to create and it was hard to tell if I had achieved the goal while pouring the soap batter. The next day when I unmolded I was pleased with the results. An added bonus to creating these two soaps was the wonderful citrusy aroma in my house. Wow.